The flavor and versatility of pork makes it a favorite staple among Hispanic homes. To celebrate the love Latinos have for pork, the National Pork Board (NPB) today launched PorkTeInspira.com, a new Spanish-language website with corresponding social media channels in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To mark the site’s launch, consumers are encouraged to visit the website for a chance to win a trip for two to the Food Network in Concert at Ravinia in Chicago on September 20. The event will feature a day of live music and spectacular food with some of today’s best music and culinary talent.
Museums, parks, shopping venues and sports events aren’t the only ways to explore a new city. Take one of these tours selected by the travel experts at The GO Group and eat your way through town:
Taco enthusiasts will enjoy the LA Cycle Taco Tour in Los Angeles. During this bicycle tour, visitors will be taken to some of the city’s best taco stands and trucks throughout different neighborhoods and historic sites. This tour is approximately two – three hours long and nine miles in distance. The $100 price includes bicycle, helmet, safety vest, water bottle and all the tacos you can eat during the ride.
Companies Partner to Award Qualifying Kentucky Student Grand Prize for Education Expenses
Viamedia, the television industry’s leading independent provider of outsourced local television advertising services on behalf of cable companies, today announced that it has partnered with Hardee’s Restaurants LLC to award a qualifying Kentucky student a $10,000 college fund to go towards college tuition. The 2014 Hardee’s® $10,000 College Fund Contest is open to Central Kentucky students enrolled in a Kentucky college or University by December 31, 2014, who have a 2.5 GPA or higher and are at least 17 years old.
Cuisine Noir celebrates 5 years as the country’s first black food, wine and travel magazine with an unforgettable evening of 5 culinary experiences.
It is hard to believe that Cuisine Noir is turning 5 years-old in September and we’ll celebrating with an event unlike no other.
Join us at the Cartoon Art Museum (new location) located at 655 Mission Street in San Francisco for an evening of food, wine and music as we celebrate with staff, friends, celebrities, media and food and wine enthusiasts from near and far with 5 fabulous culinary experiences from 6 – 10 pm.
The Perfect Snack for Everyone On-The-Go Grab and Go Snack Made with Jif Peanut Butter and Crispy Pretzels
The perfect portion of real Jif® peanut butter and crispy pretzels combine in new Jif To Go® Dippers, the convenient snack that is ready to go when you are. The Jif brand’s first all-in-one portable snack is available in two varieties: Creamy Peanut Butter with Pretzels and Chocolate Silk Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flavored Spread with Pretzels. From soccer practice to weekend trips, Jif To Go Dippers provide a convenient and delicious snacking solution for a life on-the-go.
From August 20 through October 1, 2014, Jif To Go is celebrating life on-the-go by asking fans to share a picture of how they get going in the #GetGoing photo promotion. Fans can enter each week for a chance to win $1,000 to use for their next adventure.
Finale Culinary Cook-Off brings Top Chefs Together at Savor the Central Coast Food Festival
Fans of American lamb are in for a culinary treat on Sunday, September 28, as the Lamb Jam Finale returns to Savor the Central Coast, an award-winning food and wine festival sponsored by Sunset Magazine. Four of the nation’s top chefs will compete for the title of “Lamb Jam Master” in a head-to-head culinary battle. To reach the finale, chef contenders proved they had the chops by besting dozens of other chefs and winning hundreds of lamb fan votes based on inventive lamb dishes in their respective city’s lamb jam competitions.
Following a recall by nSpired Natural Foods, Inc., The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it removed from sale MaraNatha Almond Butters and Peanut Butters due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
- MaraNatha Organic No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109235, with a use by date range of 04JAN15 thru 27JUN15
- MaraNatha Organic No Stir Crunchy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109236, with a use by date range of 05JAN15 thru 28JUN15
- MaraNatha No Stir Creamy Almond Butter, 12 oz., UPC 05165109368, with a use by date range of 12DEC14 thru 21JUL15
- MaraNatha No Stir Crunchy Almond Butter, 12 oz., UPC 05165109369, with a use by date range of 17DEC14 thru 20JUL15
- MaraNatha Roasted Creamy Almond Butter, 16 oz., UPC 05165106032, with a use by date range of 24DEC14 thru 17JUN15
- MaraNatha No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109221, with a use by date range of 06JAN15 thru 20MAY15
- MaraNatha Organic Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109232, with a use by date range of 03JAN15 thru 25JUN15
- MaraNatha Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109233, with a use by date range of 02JAN15 thru 15MAY15
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter, 16 oz., UPC 07433347032, with a use by date range of 31DEC14 thru 14MAY15
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Creamy Peanut Butter, 16 oz., UPC 07433347052, with a use by date range of 31DEC14 thru 14MAY15
Wondering What Mario Batali Orders When He Goes Out? Urbanspoon and Chefs Feed Can Tell You
Restaurant and food discovery app Urbanspoon today announced the integration of Chefs Feed, the ultimate resource for chefs’ opinions on where to eat and what to order. Chefs Feed recommendations, featuring reviews from well-known chefs such as Daniel Boulud and Eric Ripert, will be incorporated in Urbanspoon’s recently released Popular Dishes feature, highlighting recommendations for the best reviewed restaurant dishes to help Urbanspoon’s 30 million monthly diners uncover the best food each city has to offer.