Announces First-Ever Collaboration with The International Culinary Center.The Festival Takes Place October 11 – 14, 2012.
The Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE is pleased to announce its first-ever collaboration with The International Culinary Center, founded by Dorothy Cann Hamilton as The French Culinary Institute, for the 2012 Festival. The Festival is celebrating its fifth year of featuring the best of the Big Apple with renowned chefs, winemakers, spirit producers and culinary talent. This year, for the first time, there will be a special schedule of events to take place at The International Culinary Center in SoHo, including master cooking classes, celebrity chef dinners and tasting/cocktail events. To date the Festival has raised over $5 million to help fight hunger with 100% of its proceeds benefiting Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign.
“We are delighted to partner with The International Culinary Center for the Festival’s fifth year,” said Lee Brian Schrager, founder and director of the Festival who also serves as vice president of corporate communications and national events for Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc. “Their long-standing commitment to culinary excellence makes this partnership a perfect fit and attendees will enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences under their direction.”
“We are very excited to be teaming up with the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival this year,” said Ms. Hamilton, CEO and founder of The International Culinary Center. “Over the past five years, Lee has built it up to be one of the premier food festivals in the city. The International Culinary Center will provide a unique setting and experience for guests and a wonderful opportunity for them to rub elbows with some of the best chefs and culinary educators in the industry.”
On Thursday, October 11, The International Culinary Center will kick off the Festival with Head of Plate: The International Culinary Center Creates Celebrated Dishes & Cocktails – an exquisite tasting and high-tech cocktail reception at 28 Crosby, the Center’s exclusive fifth-floor loft space in SoHo, featuring several of its esteemed deans and educators, including:
- Dean Andre Soltner, Master Chef
- Dean Alain Sailhac
- Dean Jacques Torres, Master Pastry Chef and owner of Jacques Torres Chocolate
- Dean Cesare Casella, chef-owner of Salumeria Rosi Parmacotta
- Director of Culinary Technology Dave Arnold, inventor/partner of booker and dax
An all-star dinner series at The International Culinary Center will also take place throughout the Festival weekend beginning with The Dinner to End All Dinners hosted by Nathan Myhrvold on Friday, October 12, followed by Tyler’s Ultimate Dinner hosted by Tyler Florence on Saturday, October 13, and ending with Opening The Slanted Door with Charles Phan on Sunday, October 14. These one-of-a-kind seated dinners are certain to satisfy the inquiring mind, as well as the palate, when the country’s top chefs step into the role of head of the class for an unforgettable experience. The dinner series is being produced by FCI Catering & Events, the exclusive culinary production company to The International Culinary Center.
The International Culinary Center will also host a series of Pairing Seminars hosted by FOOD & WINE. These niche areas of the culinary world will be explored at the following seminars:
- Modern Day Jewish Food hosted by Kutsher’s with Josh Wesson
- High-Tech Happy Hour with Dave Arnold & Wylie Dufresne
- Korean BBQ Seminar hosted by Roy Choi with Mark Oldman
- Dessert & Wine Party by Godiva with David Funaro & Anthony Giglio
- Vietnamese Home Cooking with Charles Phan and Andrea Robinson
- Blackberry Farm Cookbook Seminar: Four Seasons of Great Food and the Good Life with Anthony Giglio
- Fried Chicken Seminar hosted by Art Smith with Andrea Robinson
- Porchetta Sandwich Seminar hosted by Sara Jenkins with Anthony Giglio
- Blue Smoke BBQ hosted by Kenny Callaghan with Mark Oldman
- Red Farm Dim Sum/Dumpling Seminar hosted by Ed Schoenfeld & Joe Ng with Josh Wesson
- Torrisi Family Dinner Seminar hosted by Torrisi & Parm with Ray Isle
Finally, The International Culinary Center presents Master Classes will showcase the talents of some of the industry’s leading culinary specialists who will educate and inspire guests. These include:
- Chocolate Making Class with Dean of The International Culinary Center Jacques Torres
- Pasta & Bread Making hosted by Mark Ladner and Jim Lahey
- Making Macaroons with Francois Payard
- Meat Men Butchery hosted by the Meat Men Pat LaFrieda and Mark Pastore
Eat. Drink. End Hunger. MasterCard card holders can get tickets for the 2012 Festival beginning Monday, June 11 through Sunday, June 24 online at www.nycwff.org or by calling 866.969.2933 (phone sales open Monday – Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EDT). General public ticket sales open on Monday, June 25. Stay up to date with the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/NYCWFF or follow founder and director Lee Brian Schrager at www.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.