Brand Teams Up with Jamie Chung, Convoy of Hope, Prominent Chefs and Influencers for Cross-Country Culinary Tour
The SPAM® brand is bringing big flavor to America’s backyards and kitchens this summer with the SPAM® Brand Tiny House of Sizzle Tour. Measuring 185.37 square feet, the Tiny House aims to bring communities together around food, with the Tiny SPAM® kitchen serving as the heart of the home. The Tiny House will travel coast to coast, sharing delightful dishes and simple recipes served right from the Tiny SPAM® kitchen, proving what SPAM® lovers already know – nothing beats the sound, smell and taste of SPAM® brand products sizzling in the frying pan.
Highlighting the brand’s versatility to be paired in many different ways, the Tiny House’s menu will feature unique, on-trend recipes created by locally-recognized chefs and influencers alongside SPAM® brand favorites such as SPAM® Musubi and SPAM® sliders. The tour’s signature dish will be a Spicy SPAM® Breakfast Burrito recipe created by standout celebrity Chef Jordan Andino. Additional local chef and influencer partners include Hawaii native Chef Bradley Lum and noted Detroit influencer Lori Yates from Foxes and Lemons.
“The SPAM® Brand Tiny House of Sizzle Tour encourages you to indulge your 5 senses – hear the sizzle; see the dish come to life; touch, smell and of course, taste various SPAM® dishes in their finest form – sizzled to perfection,” said Resha Hovde, SPAM® brand manager. “We’re inviting everyone to join us as we celebrate summer – hanging out at the Tiny House with friends and family, playing games and enjoying good food.”
Jamie Chung, actress and creator of whatthechung.com, grew up eating the iconic favorite and is partnering with the SPAM® brand to discuss the brand’s latest initiative and to help kick off the tour. Following the launch in New York at the 9th Avenue International Food Festival on May 20-21, the Tiny House will visit a variety of popular events in 11 other communities including Nashville, Kansas City, Detroit, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and more.
“As a lifelong fan, I know firsthand how easy it is (and how good it tastes!) to incorporate SPAM® brand products into all kinds of dishes. To this day, my go-to recipe is SPAM Musubi” said Jamie Chung. “What’s unique about the Tiny House tour is it’s an innovative way to introduce a younger audience to the SPAM® brand, serving a variety of recipe samples that are both easy to make and delicious to eat.”
Convoy of Hope, a partner of Hormel Foods, has joined the tour to help raise awareness and get people involved in the fight against hunger in communities in the United States and around the world. Every time someone texts SIZZLE to 50555, the SPAM® brand will donate $5 to Convoy of Hope and will match each donation, dollar for dollar, up to $25,000.
The SPAM® Brand Tiny House of Sizzle Tour Schedule:
- New York, N.Y. May 20-21 – 9thAvenue International Food Festival
- Charlotte, N.C. May 25-27 – 600 Festival
- Virginia Beach, Va. June 2-3 – Patriotic Festival
- Nashville, Tenn. June 8-11 – CMA Festival
- Kansas City, Mo. June 16-17 – Boulevardia
- Detroit, Mich. June 23-24 – River Days
- Milwaukee, Wis. July 1-2 – Summerfest
- Austin, Minn. July 4 – Freedom Fest
- Sacramento, Calif. July 14-16 – California State Fair
- Seattle, Wash. July 21-23 – Bite of Seattle
- Portland, Ore. July 27-30 – Washington County Fair
- San Francisco, Calif. August 5 and 9 – San Francisco Giants Games
Chef/Influencer Partnerships and Recipes:
- National and New York – Jordan Andino, Invite Only, 2nd City
- Spicy SPAM® Breakfast Burrito
- Kansas City – Angela Muir, Handmade in the Heartland
- KC BBQ SPAM® Slider
- Detroit – Lori Yates, Foxes Love Lemons
- Bloody Mary Inspired SPAM® Sliders
- Sacramento – Michael Thiemann, Mother, Empress Tavern
- SPAM® Grilled Cheese with Brie and Peaches
- Seattle – Megan Keno, Country Cleaver
- SPAM® Street Tacos with Pickled Red Onion and Cabbage Slaw
- San Francisco – Bradley Lum, Grindz
- SPAM® Waffle with Cheese
For more information about the SPAM® Brand Tiny House of Sizzle Tour including schedule and stops, please check out www.SPAM.com/tour, and join in the #SPAMSizzle conversation at www.facebook.com/SPAMbrand, www.youtube.com/SPAMbrand, www.twitter.com/SPAMbrand or @SPAMBrand on Instagram.