America’s Largest Casual Dining Restaurant Expects to Provide 1 Million Meals to Military Heroes
For the tenth consecutive year, Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill + Bar® will honor veterans and active members of the United States military by offering each a free meal at any of the nearly 1,800 Applebee’s restaurants in the United States on Veterans Day, Saturday, November 11, 2017. Applebee’s is one of the first casual dining brands to honor America’s heroes with a free meal on Veterans Day and has donated more than 8.3 million free meals to veterans and active-duty military since beginning the program in 2008. Applebee’s restaurants nationwide expect to serve nearly one million more free meals this Veterans Day.
Aplebee’s special Veterans Day menu includes seven of its signature dishes, including:
- The American Standard Burger – Juicy all-beef patty with seared-in bacon, diced onions and pickles topped with melted American cheese, our signature sauce and a Brioche bun. Served with fries.
- Butcher’s Meat + Potatoes – USDA Choice top sirloin, tomatoes, mushrooms, stout gravy, garlic mashers and crispy onions.
- Three-Cheese Chicken Cavatappi – Asiago, Parmesan and white Cheddar are mixed with corkscrew cavatappi pasta in a rich Parmesan cream sauce and then topped with grilled chicken, bruschetta tomatoes and basil.
- Chicken Tenders Platter – Crispy breaded chicken tenders are a grill and bar classic. Served with fries, slaw and honey Dijon mustard.
- Fiesta Lime Chicken® – A celebration of flavor, this dish delivers on every level. Grilled chicken glazed with zesty lime sauce and drizzled with tangy Mexi-ranch is smothered with a rich blend of Cheddar cheeses on a bed of crispy tortilla strips. Served with Spanish rice and house-made pico de gallo.
- Double Crunch Shrimp – Crispy battered shrimp are fried golden brown. Served with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, slaw and fries.
- Oriental Chicken Salad – A long-running favorite, crispy breaded chicken tenders top a bed of Asian greens, rice noodles and almonds tossed in our Oriental vinaigrette. Also available with Grilled Chicken.
This event is only one of the many ways that franchisees around the country honor and support our American heroes. Other initiatives supported by local franchisees include participating in veteran employment recruiting programs, sending much-needed items to active military service members in Iraq and Afghanistan, delighting hometown heroes with surprise parties and Applebee’s gift cards, and partnering with organizations to repair or build homes for veterans in need.
Complimentary meals from the Veterans Day menu will be available for dine-in only at the nearly 1,800 Applebee’s locations nationwide. In order to receive a free meal on Saturday, November 11, 2017, guests need to provide proof of military service, which includes: U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, photograph in uniform or wearing uniform, DD214, Citation or Commendation.
For more information, please visit www.applebees.com/veterans-day-free-meals. Hours vary by location, and guests are encouraged to call their local Applebee’s restaurant in advance to inquire about specific location hours.
Offer valid on Saturday, November 11, 2017 at participating Applebee’s restaurants. Item selection and participation may vary. Dine-in or carry out only from limited selections. Not valid with other coupons or discounts. Beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active-duty military simply show proof of military services. Limit one (1) meal per veteran or active-duty military. Hours vary by location, so guests should call their local Applebee’s restaurant in advance to inquire about specific location hours.