To honor American Heart Month, Giant Food is encouraging customers to put their heart health first by offering free heart-healthy store tours at Giant locations across Maryland, Washington D.C., Delaware and Virginia. The tours are led by Giant Food’s in-store nutritionists and will point out items that affect heart health such as fat and sodium while also teaching tips and tricks for preparing heart-healthy meals.
“Modest diet and lifestyle changes can improve heart health and lower risk of cardiovascular disease by as much as 80% according to the American Heart Association,” said Lisa Coleman, Lead Nutritionist at Giant Food. “Giant’s team of nutritionists are passionate about teaching shoppers how simple it can be to make healthy choices. We look forward to meeting with customers throughout the month and talking to them about heart health.”
The complete list of heart-healthy store tours is below:
- Millville Giant, 38069 Town Center Dr., Millville – Friday, 2/9 at 12:00 p.m.
- Rehoboth Beach Giant, 19312 Lighthouse Plaza, Rehoboth Beach – Saturday 2/10 at 11:00 a.m.
- Dorsey Hall Giant, 4715 Dorsey Hall Drive, Ellicott City – Thursday 2/8 at 6:00 p.m.
- Traville Giant, 9719 Traville Gateway Dr., Rockville – Saturday 2/10 at 11:00 a.m.
- White Oak Giant, 11221 New Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring – Tuesday 2/13 at 6:00 p.m.
- Kentlands Giant, 229 Kentlands Blvd., Gaithersburg – Thursday 2/15 at 12:00 p.m.
- Chatham Station Giant, 9200 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City – Saturday 2/17 at 10:30 a.m.
- Riggs Road Giant, 5815 Eastern Ave., Hyattsville – Saturday 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Burtonsville Giant, 15618 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville – Saturday 2/24 at 12:00 p.m.
- Nottingham Giant, 8905 Belair Rd., Nottingham – Wednesday 2/28 at 10:00 a.m.
- Street Giant, 1400 7th St. NW – Monday 2/12 at 6:00 p.m.
- Brentwood Giant, 1050 Brentwood Rd. NE – Tuesday 2/27 at 12:00 p.m.
- University Mall Giant, 10653 Braddock Rd., Fairfax – Saturday 2/10 at 11:00 a.m.
- Courthouse Road Giant, 10346 Courthouse Rd., Spotsylvania – Saturday 2/10 at 12:00 p.m.
- McLean Giant, 1454 Chain Bridge Rd., McLean – Friday 2/16 at 6:00 p.m.
- Catoctin Circle Giant, 61 Catoctin Cir. NE, Leesburg – Thursday 2/22 at 6:00 p.m.
- Columbia Pike Annandale Giant, 7137 Columbia Pike, Annandale – Monday 2/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Duke Street Giant, 3131 Duke St., Alexandria – Tuesday 2/27 at 1:00 p.m.
Source: Giant Food