Paul Gauguin Cruises (www.pgcruises.com), operator of the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific, the m/s Paul Gauguin, and the 88-guest m/v Tere Moana, offers a variety of shore excursions for food and wine connoisseurs this summer on 7-night European voyages.
During the summer, The Moana sails Nice to Rome, Athens to Venice, Venice to Rome, Lisbon to Barcelona, and Barcelona to Nice voyages. Winery tours, wine tastings, a local market tour, and multi-course dining with wine pairings are some of the optional excursions available:
- Elba, Italy—Porto Azzurro & Wine Tasting at La Chiusa: Sample wine and olive oils at La Chiusa Winery, a historic wine estate visited by Napoleon Bonaparte, before exploring the charming seaside town of Porto Azzurro.
- Hvar, Croatia—Wine Tasting Tour of Hvar: Enjoy wines from two of Croatia’s most distinguished winemakers, olive oil tastings, and a gourmet picnic lunch.
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain—The Wine Cellars of Macia Batle: See wine cellars where ancient and contemporary winemaking traditions intersect. Take a tour of the winery, taste different wines, and savor local Mallorcan tapas.
- Portofino, Italy—Olive Oil Tasting & Lunch at the Splendido Hotel: Pay an exclusive visit to this world-famous luxury hotel to learn about the many uses and varieties of olive oil, followed by a lunch of Italian specialties.
- Porto Venere, Italy—Wine Tasting in Groppo: Discover winemaking secrets of the Cinque Terre region of Italy, which produces wines that are highly prized around the world. Then, visit an estate atop Groppo hill, and take a guided tour of the wine cellar and vineyards, before tasting three different varieties.
- Sete, France—Montpellier & Aigues-Mortes with Lunch & Wine Tasting: Experience the scenic beauty and flavors of Montpellier, the walled city of Aigues-Mortes, and France’s Languedoc winemaking region. Dine at La Compagnie des Comptoirs restaurant for lunch before a wine tasting at a boutique winery near Sete.
- Sete, France—Montpellier & Wine Tasting at Flaugergues: Explore Montpellier’s Old Town on a walking tour followed by a wine tasting at the Chateau Flaugergues private wine estate in France’s Languedoc region.
- St. Tropez, France—Strolling in St. Tropez with Wine Tasting: Enjoy a scenic walking tour of St. Tropez followed by a wine class and wine tasting highlighting traditions of the region.
- Villefranche, Nice—A Taste of Nice: Learn about the culinary history of Nice, famed for its street food, and taste French delicacies, sample a selection of olive oils, discover the secrets of French cheese, and visit an artisan pork butcher.
- Zadar, Croatia—Wine Pairing at BIBICh Wine Cellar: Tour the vineyards and cellars of BIBICh winery, which produce some of the most celebrated wines in the country, before enjoying a six- to eight-course decadent lunch paired with wines.
Rates for culinary and wine excursions range from $109 to $489 per person. For a complete list of European shore excursions, descriptions, and fares, please visit www.pgcruises.com/excursions. Shore excursions are available for pre-booking 90 days prior to sailing by calling Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172.
Guests of The Moana can also arrange private tours and services, customized to their needs and travel budgets, by calling Paul Gauguin Personalized Services (PGPS) at 800-305-5416 or by emailing PGPS@pgcruises.com. With hundreds of options to choose from, PGPS can coordinate air travel, accommodations, customized and private tours, and transfer packages for Moana guests.
Seven-night European voyages on The Moana start from $3,445 per person, based on double occupancy. For additional information, contact a Travel Professional, call 1-800-848-6172, or visit www.pgcruises.com.