Lose the Stress and “Chill” Using Frozen and Refrigerated Foods
Yes, it’s the most wonderful time of the year…but sometimes the challenges of food shopping and holiday cooking can turn festive times into stressful times.
Chill! The frozen and dairy aisles of your local grocery stores are full of shortcuts and holiday helpers to make preparations easier, less stressful, and more enjoyable for holiday events, family gatherings and even unexpected guests.
The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) recommends you shop early, keep your fridge and freezer stocked full, and check out the many easy to make holiday appetizers, entrees and desserts like these Mediterranean Stuffed Phyllo Crisps at EasyHomeMeals.com.
Top Holiday Hacks and Tips:
- Cheat a Little. Supplement your holiday cooking with quality foods from the cool aisles of the store…you don’t have to make everything from scratch…just add a few homemade touches.
- Stock-Up. Eliminate those last minute frantic runs to the grocery store. The beauty of frozen and refrigerated foods – they are always ready when you are.
- Appetizer ideas. Have plenty of cheeses on hand – they make great appetizers for impromptu get-togethers. In your freezer, keep handy pre-cooked shrimp, meatballs, quiche, wings, eggrolls and more – they take only minutes to prepare and can be served in festive holiday dishes.
- Brunch Suggestions. Convenient items for your freezer include waffles, pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, bagels and fruit. Combine fruit with yogurts and juices for smoothies that can make holiday mornings nutritious and fun.
- Super Snacks. Hungry family members and guests always enjoy a delicious pizza – out of the freezer, into the oven and ready to serve in minutes. Keep plenty of string cheese, yogurts, chicken tenders and dips also on hand.
- Fast Dinner Plans. The frozen aisles offer a variety of fully prepared entrées – just heat and serve on busy shopping nights.
- Easy Side-Dishes. Consider the large selection of frozen vegetables, potatoes and breads for terrific side dishes, making holiday meals less work.
- Delightful Desserts. Don’t forget the sweetest parts of the season – impress with bake-shop quality pies, cakes, ice cream, pastries and cookies that are just like homemade!
Follow Easy Home Meals on Instagram to see and experience more creative, inspiring meal and snack ideas from the cool aisles of your local grocery stores.
Source: National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association