Top Industry and Consumer Leaders Come Together to Discuss How Climate Change, Agriculture and Technology Are Transforming Our Food System
Meredith.com) EatingWell is partnering with the International Food Information Council Foundation (IFIC) for the 2019 Future of Food Summit on Wednesday, September 18, at Meredith’s headquarters at 225 Liberty Street, New York, NY. The one-day event will feature discussions between thought leaders—academics, nutrition experts, trend forecasters, farmers, food industry professionals—to help explain how our food system needs to evolve and transform in the years ahead. This summit will take place in tandem with the release of EatingWell’s October 2019 issue, whose theme is the future of food.
Culinary scientist, author and educator Ali Bouzari, Ph.D. will deliver the keynote address. Dr. Bouzari is the Chief Science Officer and a co-founder of Pilot R&D, a culinary research development company, and Render, a food company that collaborates with the best restaurant chefs in the country. As a chef with a Ph.D. in food biochemistry, Dr. Bouzari has been driven by a passion for shifting the way we think about cooking.
“As a media brand we have always focused on how food is changing and getting better, both on our plates and on the farm. That’s why we’re so excited to devote an entire issue and a whole day to speaking with experts about what the future of food holds,” says Jessie Price, Editor In Chief, EatingWell.
The 2019 Future of Food Summit agenda includes the following:
Sustainable Food Production
- Dave Kurns, Editor-in-Chief, Successful Farming
- Jason Rowntree, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Animal Science, Michigan State University
- Randy Day, CEO, Perdue
- Mark Guiltinan, Ph.D., Professor of Plant Molecular Biology, Penn State University
- Marc Oshima, Co-Founder, AeroFarms
Plants to Animals: Where Is Our Protein Obsession Headed?
- Sophie Egan, MPH, Director of Health & Sustainability, The Culinary Institute of America
- Katharine Richards, Senior Director of Marketing, Perfect Day
- Renske Lynde, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Food System 6
- Jennie Schmidt, M.S., R.D., The Foodie Farmer
- Sara Place, Ph.D., Senior Director of Sustainable Beef Production, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
Innovations in Nutrition & Health
- Lisa Valente, M.S., R.D., Digital Nutrition & News Editor, EatingWell
- Anna Maria Siega-Riz, Ph.D., IFIC Foundation Trustee
- Rachel Sanders, CEO, Rootine Vitamins
- Megan Meyer, Ph.D., Director of Science Communication, IFIC Foundation
- Dipnath Baidyaroy, Ph.D., Director of Strategic Alliances, Codexis
The Consumer Experience: Shopping, Cooking and Restaurants
- Jessie Price, Editor-in-Chief, EatingWell
- Chris Bissig, Director Industrial Design, GE
- Maisie Ganzler, Chief Strategy & Brand Officer, Bon Appetit Management Co.
- Hunter Lewis, Editor-in-Chief, Food & Wine
- Mario Ferruzzi, Ph.D., Professor of Food Science & Nutrition, North Carolina State University, Plants for Human Health Institute
Source: Meredith Corporation