Visit Santa Maria Valley announces its $500 Wine Country Getaway where visitors can uncork a two-day trip for $500 or less and drink award-winning wines paired with iconic Santa Maria Style Barbecue, a 150-year-old tradition that started when ranchers cooked beef over a red-oak fire.
With 15 beaches and 34 tasting rooms all within a 30-minute drive, Santa Maria Valley is the perfect home base to get more for less.
Create your own weekend itinerary by packaging together your desired list of amenities. An example two-day itinerary for two people can consist of:
● Hotel accommodations for approximately $125/night at properties such as the Historic Santa Maria Inn, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn & Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Radisson Hotel Santa Maria and Best Western Big America.
● Wine Tasting, which is free with your Santa Maria Valley hotel key card at participating wineries.
● A ride on the Santa Maria Valley Wine Trolley at $20 per person a day (runs May-October).
● Outdoor excursions to Oso Flaco Lake, the Guadalupe Nipomo-Dunes or the Monarch Dunes Butterfly Grove, all free of charge. There are 15 beaches and 24 hiking trails within 30-miles of Santa Maria Valley.
● Fun-filled events year-round, including free local live music, markets and entertainment.
The unique winegrowing region of the Santa Maria Valley AVA (American Viticultural Area) results in complex chardonnay, pinot noir and syrah, the valley’s three flagship varietals. Santa Maria Valley wineries exemplify the development of exceptional coastal vineyards. Riverbench Winery takes visitors on a new-style tour to learn about sustainably-farmed grapes best suited for sparkling wines and bright white wines. The renowned Cambria Winery presents exemplary fruit-forward pinot noir in a coastal terroir ideal of this vibrant fruit. Presqu’ile Winery’s cool-climate pinot noirs, chardonnays and sauvignon blancs are made using grapes from its sustainably certified Presqu’ile Vineyard and a handful of the finest winegrowing sites in the valley. Guests can sip and explore all along the Foxen Canyon Wine Trail and in Old Orcutt where winemakers are approachable and ready to pour visitors a glass.
Experience your own two-day escape with hotel, wine, dining and outdoor amenities in the Santa Maria Valley for less. Visit the Santa Maria Valley website to learn more on how you can uncork a new set of memories on the California Central Coast.