Annual culinary event celebrates 30th anniversary with new format and new ways to engage with top chef and NFL stars
PepsiCo and GENYOUth partner Albertsons Companies will help raise funds to tackle food insecurity and feed our nation’s youth
GENYOUth, a national non-profit organization which creates healthier school communities, kicked off ticket sales today for Taste of the NFL @Home, a purpose-driven Super Bowl culinary experience whose mission to fight childhood hunger is more urgent than ever in 2021. Celebrating its 30th anniversary in the midst of a global pandemic, Taste of the NFL @Home will feature a completely reimagined and interactive format, with the combined star power of celebrity chefs Carla Hall, Andrew Zimmern and Tim Love cooking up delicious recipes – all with the goal of helping to feed our nation’s kids.
Incorporating COVID-19 health and safety guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the NFL and the Tampa Bay Super Bowl LV Host Committee, Taste of the NFL @Home will be a first-ever livestream broadcast that will whet the appetites and flex the cooking skills of football and foodie fans around the nation. It will take place on Sunday, February 7 (Super Bowl Sunday) at 11:30am EST/10:30am CST/9:30am MST/8:30am PST LIVE from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, site of Super Bowl LV.
“The pandemic has elevated an issue that was already mission critical – childhood hunger – to unprecedented levels, with 1 in 4 kids in the U.S. now living in food insecurity. Schools continue to be anchors of community feeding, but they need additional resources to deliver and distribute meals during the pandemic,” said Alexis Glick, CEO of GENYOUth. “We are so fortunate to have the commitment of esteemed award-winning chefs Carla Hall, Andrew Zimmern and Tim Love, as well as NFL and sports superstars, all of whom will inspire Super Bowl fans to prepare game day recipes for homegating and support GENYOUth’s mission of tackling food insecurity by increasing access to nutritious school meals nationwide.”
Taste of the NFL was established in 1992 by Wayne Kostroski, founder of the event. This year it’s celebrating three decades of its Super Bowl legacy by raising awareness and generating funds to fight hunger and food insecurity.
“GENYOUth, a long-time partner of the NFL through its Fuel Up To Play 60 and NFL FLAG-In-Schools youth health and wellness programs with America’s Dairy Farmers, has done remarkable work in raising tens of millions of dollars to feed our nation’s kids in schools across America,” said Peter O’Reilly, NFL Executive Vice President Club Business & League Events. “With our new Taste of the NFL @Home format for 2021, we think the 30th anniversary will be our most exciting and successful event yet.”
Taste of the NFL @Home will bring the fun and flavor of Super Bowl eating to the comfort and safety of one’s kitchen. Tickets are priced at $100 and will include the following benefits:
- Taste of the NFL @Home livestream access, with a special code to be sent to ticket holders the week of February 1. Tune in will be on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:30am EST, 10:30am CST, 9:30am MST, 8:30am PST.
- Access to a customized game day menu and shopping list to purchase ingredients prior to the event at their local grocer. Special ingredients for the chefs’ menus will include Frito-Lay snacks and U.S. dairy products.
- Participants will cook virtually alongside chefs Andrew Zimmern, Tim Love and Carla Hall, and listen to a special “Chalk Talk” presentation with sports greats.
- A limited-edition PepsiCo Game Day snack box from snacks.com, with PepsiCo beverages and Frito-Lay snacks and NFL game day surprises, will be sent to the first 5,000 ticket purchasers the week of February 1.
- In partnership with PepsiCo, access to shop for recipe ingredients at participating Albertsons Companies stores along with a special $20 off savings with home delivery where available. All ticket purchasers will receive a complete shopping list to prepare all recipes from: Acme, Albertsons, Carrs, Jewel Osco, Pavilions, Randalls, Safeway, Shaws, Star Market, Tom Thumb and VONS store locations.
- A special virtual gift bag, which will include special offers for product discounts and giveaways will be available for all ticket holders. It will be shared with ticket holders in advance of the event.
For more information on Taste of the NFL @Home and to purchase tickets, go to www.TasteoftheNFL.com.