Chick-fil-A expands its commitment to education by honoring 12 community service-minded students
Chick-fil-A, Inc. opened applications for its newest education initiative, Chick-fil-A™ Community Scholars. This new scholarship program will award 12 scholarships of $25,000 annually to community service-minded leaders, helping them pursue their goals through furthering their education. Recipients will also have the opportunity to participate in a one-year leadership development program.
The Chick-fil-A Community Scholars program is an expansion of Chick-fil-A’s existing education initiatives – including the Remarkable Futures™ Scholarship program, which has awarded more than $136 million to more than 80,000 Chick-fil-A® restaurant Team Members through its Leadership Scholarships and True Inspiration™ Scholarships. The Chick-fil-A Community Scholars program is an extension of Chick-fil-A’s commitment to care for people and its communities by providing service-minded students of any age with opportunities to help them pursue their academic passions.
The Chick-fil-A Community Scholars program will offer recipients several benefits, including:
- Up-front payment: Chick-fil-A Community Scholars are awarded to recipients up front and can be directly applied to tuition, housing and other on-campus expenses, without requiring tuition reimbursement.
- Applicable at any qualifying school, college or university: Scholarships can be applied in any area of study at any accredited institution of the recipient’s choice, including two- or four-year colleges and universities, online programs, or vocational-technical schools.
- Participation in the Chick-fil-A™ Scholars Program: Recipients will have the option to participate in the Chick-fil-A Scholars Program, a one-year engagement that includes mentoring and leadership development opportunities.
Applicants who are interested in applying to the Chick-fil-A Community Scholars program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada
- Be recommended by a teacher, coach or community leader
- Be a postsecondary undergraduate or graduate student, or intend to enroll in undergraduate or graduate study for the 2023-2024 academic year
In addition, applicants must demonstrate academic success, devotion to community service and financial need. All applications must be completed and submitted by Wednesday, November 2, 2022. For more information about the new Chick-fil-A Community Scholars program, eligibility requirements and how to apply, please visit chick-fil-a.com/communityscholars.
While current Chick-fil-A Team Members are not eligible for the Chick-fil-A Community Scholars program, they are eligible to apply for the Remarkable Futures Scholarship program. These applications opened on July 28, 2022 and will close October 27, 2022. For more information about the Remarkable Futures Scholarship program, please visit www.chick-fil-a.com/remarkable-futures-scholarships.
To learn more about other corporate social responsibility efforts at Chick-fil-A, visit chick-fil-a.com/givingback.
Scoop Source: Chick-fil-A
All scoops are for news sharing and education purposes only.